Senior/Principal Structural Engineer
We are looking for a talented Structural Engineer at Senior / Principal level to join our Building Structures team in Southampton which is currently working with a number of high profile architects on an extremely strong portfolio of Local, National and International projects. Notable projects include National Graphene Institute, Queen Elizabeth II Court Winchester, Sea City Museum, Mary Rose Museum, Crawley Library. The structural team has a diverse workload covering education, health, infrastructure and transport buildings, residential, commercial, cultural, sports and leisure work sectors amongst others. We have excellent bim skills and experience in off-site pre-fabrication which increasingly informs our designs. Ideally we are looking for an engineer capable of successfully leading and managing projects to quality and financial systems, develops excellent relationships with Clients and the project team, has great design ability, and is ambitious to develop management skills.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,300 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Agree design philosophy/design fundamentals
- Exercise design management and delivery to the highest standards, demonstrating all round technical competence and financial awareness
- Supervise a small team of engineers and technicians, reviewing and commenting on the deliverables produced at key stages through a project
- Liaise with clients, identifying their needs and presenting our solutions
- Prepare client and project proposals
- Promote Business Development through a network of contacts, and be ambassador of the company
- Take an active role in technical groups and team meetings, and set an example to all staff
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Ideally chartered with demonstrable experience
- Be an excellent communicator capable of explaining complex engineering principles in plain language, both verbally and in writing
- Have a commercial understanding of an engineering consultancy as a business.
- Have a track record of working on varied and complex buildings
- Experience in the design of the primary construction materials (steel, concrete, timber, masonry) and have a good general knowledge of building construction
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for projects and meet agreed deadlines
- Ability to manage the design and construction stages of a project
- Be competent at influencing people (staff, clients, and design team members)
- Be proactive in addressing problem issues, presenting and pushing solutions
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
You must have eligibility to work in the UK
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer
Ostateczny termin 2018-08-10
Miejsce pracy Southampton