Senior Façade Engineer
Senior Façade Engineer - London
Introduction about the role
Ramboll UK is currently looking for 2 experienced Senior Engineers to join our Façades Team working on a wide variety of local and international projects based in our London office.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
About the role
Ramboll UK is currently looking for 2 experienced Senior Engineers to join our Façades Team working on a wide variety of local and international projects, to be based in our London office. This is an exciting opportunity, requiring an enthusiastic and proactive individual who thrives well in a high performing and well-focused team, and who is capable of successfully delivering Consultancy services to current Clients and also proactively developing new work.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Have an excellent knowledge of facade systems and construction techniques, procurement routes and risk assessment.
- Fully understand facade design philosophy/design criteria.
- Be responsible for the deliverables produced by Engineers & Technicians.
- Carry out technical reviews.
- Demonstrate all around technical knowledge including: structural analysis, thermal analysis, facade systems, facade materials, facade performances, specification, testing, manufacture and site.
- Have delivered concept designs, detailed designs and tender documents.
- Have carried out contractor reviews, off site and on-site testing and site reviews.
- Have knowledge of delivery of CAD and 3D working.
- Have detailed knowledge of structural design & variety of analysis software.
- Management/financial awareness.
- Ability to supervise a team of engineers and technicians.
- Role will normally be as Project Engineer on several projects or Technical Engineer working across projects.
- Project Engineer is responsible for delivering work to a fee agreed with a Project Manager. Core responsibilities for the task include:
Task delivery to agreed deadline
Present to clients
- Technical Engineer is responsible for the technical excellence across several projects working with a Project Manager. Core responsibilities include:
Task delivery to agreed deadline
Technical research for projects
- Achieve 95% chargeable time.
- Attend team meetings and play a significant role in the development of the Facade Engineering group both technically and in our working methods.
- Be actively involved in the development of the engineering skills within Facade Engineering.
- Review and comment on company procedures using the feedback system.
- Contribute to the technical development of company by taking an active role in task groups including the Facade Engineering Technical Excellence group.
- Have an understanding of the Business plan, mission statement and key challenges for Facade Engineering and the company as a whole.
- Have some understanding of company financial indicators, principles of share scheme and options schemes in operation.
- Apply policies relating to health & safety, quality and training.
- Starting to develop a network of contacts.
- Be an ambassador for the company.
- Be confident at influencing people (colleagues, clients, design team members and contractors).
- Set an example to all staff by demonstrating excellence in the work carried out and working method.
- Have a proactive attitude and never present a problem without at least one solution.
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- At least 5 years’ experience of Façade Engineering and ideally with Chartered status.
- Architectural or engineering backgrounds considered, especially those concerned with façade detailing and design
- MSc in Façade Engineering desirable, but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of facade systems and construction techniques, procurement routes and risk assessment.
- All round technical knowledge including: structural analysis, thermal analysis, facade systems, facade materials, facade performances, specification, testing, manufacture and site.
- Knowledge of delivery of CAD and 3D working.
- Ability to manage the design and construction stages of a project.
- Able to clearly present engineering concepts in the form of sketches and reports.
- Able to carry out technical and contractor reviews, off site and on-site testing and site reviews.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities.
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK.
- High level of exposure to international expertise in the sector and opportunity to work on international projects.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
You must have the eligibility to work in the UK.
Ostateczny termin 2018-08-04
Miejsce pracy London