Senior Design Engineer - Steel (Structures)
Job Description - Senior Engineer – Buildings (Concrete / Steel)
Position : Senior Engineer - Buildings
Location : Gurgaon
Reports to : Head of Department (HoD) Buildings
Ramboll is a world class, innovation driven engineering design consultancy owned by an independent trust and its employees. With its headquarters and heritage in Denmark, Ramboll is expanding its experience and expertise globally. Central to this, is a highly sophisticated center of engineering excellence and expertise collocated with our India head office in Gurgaon. Working in partnership with all our established offices globally, the Global Engineering Centre (GEC) will be a center for excellence in design by offering optimized solutions to the rest of the organization.
We are looking for the best in class; like-minded people who can join our exciting and fast moving organization and help deliver our vision. Preference will be given to graduates from premier engineering colleges including IITs’ .
Senior Engineer would be key player in the technical delivery of the project and would carry out the design and would also be responsible of the delivery of design/drawings by less experience design engineers and CAD technicians for the projects assigned to him.
Key Job Areas:
As a team leader of the Building team you will be responsible for:
- Communicating with clients, assuring quality of deliverables and managing timely deliveries.
- Ensure the use of consistent design standards and best practices on projects in line with the technical direction of the discipline
- Work in collaboration with Structural Design Engineers and project execution.
- Ensure on-time delivery of (Concrete) Design drafting, as per commitment and scope, in line with full functionality of the system.
- Workload management, staffing and resourcing
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
- Participate in technical reviews and contributing to tech discussions
- Develop unique concepts/solutions for complex problems
- Assist HoD in planning the development of technical competence of the team.
- Take on the role key account manager; help the GEC training academy in preparing the training material/imparting the trainings.
- Mentoring and supervising less experienced engineers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for self-motivated team members who meet the following requirements:
- B.E/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute. M.E/ M. Tech would be desirable.
- Must possess at least 8 + years of experience working on designing (Concrete / Steel) structures.
- Dynamic persons to lead a team of design engineers and detailers focused on the design of (Concrete / Steel) structures.
- Experience in designing concrete / steel structures, both super structure and sub-structure is essential.
- Experience with detailing of structures using Tekla software is a plus, but not essential. Also, exposure to the European design code (Euro code)/ British Codes (BS) / American Codes (ACI) will be added advantage.
- Experience of working on projects from UK/ Scandinavian countries/ Middle East countries is welcome.
- Most importantly candidate must have a solid technical understanding of the statics of structures, must have in depth experience at designing structural members and connections, and must be able to effectively manage a team of engineers and detailers.
- Good English communication skills are required. And should be able to communicate with his/ her counterparts from other countries.
Ostateczny termin 2018-09-19
Miejsce pracy Gurgaon