Ramboll is looking for talents within Rail Safety
During recent years, there has been a proliferation in requirements from rail authorities regarding common methods for handling and documenting railway safety. National and EU requirements based on the Common Safety Method (CSM) regulation and TSI’s (Technical Specifications for Interoperability) now form the basis for railway safety processes and documentation.
Due to these relatively new developments, there is a significant demand from clients seeking assistance in aligning project processes and in helping them to drive the processes and obtain the relevant approvals.
Ramboll is involved in many interesting projects in Denmark, where the safety approval is an important part. Since the very beginning we have e.g. been a major contributor to secure the success of one of the most complicated and ambiguous infrastructure projects in Denmark; the Signalling Programme.
If you are looking for the next step in your career within rail safety by being involved in one or more of our strategic and complex projects, then read more below.
Your responsibilities as a Safety Engineer or Safety Manager
Your responsibilities working within safety will depend on years of experience (min. 2 years). You could e.g. be working as a Safety Manager on a large and complex project or you could work as a safety engineer in a team with the responsibility for specific tasks within the approval process on smaller and less complex projects. There will be the possibility to work with the delivery of Safety Approvals, Interoperability and Risk Management (CSM-RA) activities to enable the successful and safe implementation of the railway. Typically, you would be responsible for planning and executing the safety approval process and risk analyses on both small and large railway projects, such as e.g. the Signalling Programme.
The tasks could be the following:
- Plan and manage safety activities and coordinate with National Safety Authority (NSA), Independent Assessor, Notified Body (NoBo), suppliers and other important stakeholders
- Develop safety and interoperability plans on either programme or project level
- Facilitate hazard identification workshops and manage the hazard management process and hazard log
- Perform risk analyses for identified hazards in close collaboration with relevant technical competences
- Prepare safety and interoperability documentation to document compliance with requirements
- We are looking for people for both Danish projects where the project language is Danish and for international projects, e.g. the Danish Signalling Programme, where the project language is English. Depending on project/programme, travel activities can occur.
The employment is for the Ramboll Ørestad office but when working at The Danish Signalling Programme you will be located at Banedanmark’s premises at Banehuset, Copenhagen Ø.
You and your competencies
To be a success, it is imperative that you thrive in a role where you need to ensure commitment and involvement of many stakeholders in an environment with a high complexity and many different technical areas. You do this through showing respect for views and contributions of other people combined with a better-than-average ability to easily establish good relationships with people at all levels. Furthermore, you are skilled in setting clearly defined objectives while managing your time, and the time of others.
Besides being an outstanding Safety Engineer or Safety Manager with rail insights we imagine that you also have the following competencies:
- An engineering background within electrical/automation/mechanical or a similar relevant technical background
- At least 2 years’ experience within safety management, safety approval or risk analyses, preferably within Railway or Transportation industries
- Preferably experience with CSM-RA (Common Safety Methods - Risk Assessment) or risk management of railway hazards
- Preferably a solid experience from international multidisciplinary projects
- Fluent in written and spoken English. German would be an advantage, but not a demand
Join the Safety department and be part of Rail
The Rail Safety department in Ramboll was established 5 years ago and ever since has had great success and growth. The department consists of highly engaged and skilled employees with a background and experience within safety, interoperability, RAM and independent assessment. You will be part of a team of both younger and more experienced colleagues with different cultural backgrounds and all with very strong technical competencies. We work in close cooperation with our customers, joint venture partners, other Ramboll departments and authorities to execute challenging and interesting assignments within safety.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse – we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for everyone.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Head of Department, Pernille Thorup Adeler at phone no. +45 5161 6172.
If you are interested in applying, please send your mail through our online recruitment system by clicking the link ‘Apply for job online’ below.
Please send your application no later than August 15th.
Ostateczny termin 2018-08-15
Miejsce pracy Copenhagen