Electrical Engineer - Birmingham
Ramboll has ambitious growth plans in the UK and an investment in a new Birmingham office and the development of a new building services team is central to these growth plans. Ramboll aspires to grow their UK Building Services team by 30% over the next few years. Part of the strategy is to develop a new team located centrally within the UK to capitalise on the development being undertaken in the local area and beyond and providing multidisciplinary consultancy supporting the already established structural team.
Consequently, Ramboll is looking for a talented and motivated Electrical Engineer to join our successful Building Services team in Birmingham. This is an exciting position with great opportunity to support and expand the capability of our team.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Provide electrical design expertise for our UK and international projects
- Assist with electrical design and coordination for both single and multidiscipline projects
- Perform analysis using computer modelling
- Prepare design, specification and contract documentation
- Represent Ramboll at external client meetings
- Understand financial arrangements for projects including resource planning and cost control
- Be familiar with project change control procedures in accordance with our contracted scope
- Help raise the profile and reputation of Ramboll’s building services offering in Birmingham, the UK and internationally
- Help to promote Ramboll’s multi-discipline capability in the local market.
Expected qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Chartered or working toward Chartered Engineer status with either CIBSE or IET
- 3 years experience post qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating confidence and professionalism
- Impressive client facing skills, experience of presenting to clients
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Solid technical knowledge of Electrical Engineering and general understanding of other building services disciplines and multi-disciplinary design
- Be willing to provide guidance to graduates and technicians
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also seek assistance when required
- Be able to evaluate technical and customer requirements to enable you to provide viable solutions
- High degree of technical competence with demonstrable appreciation of sustainable design.
- Forward thinking and passionate about digital design innovation and ‘smart design’ in increasingly digitalized construction arena
- Competently use tools such as Dialux, Relux, Amtech, AutoCAD, Revit and ideally Magicad.
- Ideally you will have experience of Building Services design, site surveys & inspections, snagging, client & design team meetings
- Be comfortable in communicating our Business Plan, Mission and key challenges
- Clear English oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate pride in your work, through high quality and accurate timely delivery
- Willingness to develop personal skills and basic knowledge in other engineering disciplines
What we offer
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic, expanding organisation in a rapidly growing sector within the UK.
• A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on high ethical standards, innovation and flexibility.
• High level of exposure to international expertise in the sector and opportunity to work on international projects.
• Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more.
• Opportunity for excellent career progression and personal development potential for the right candidate.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our employees, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end users and society as a whole.
Ramboll is responsible for many inspirational projects in the UK and abroad. We have leading positions across all sectors and have worked on some of the UK’s important projects and using strength of brand and capabilities aim to develop a successful Birmingham team involved in rewarding and challenging projects.
Ostateczny termin 2018-07-28
Miejsce pracy Birmingham