Technical Director - Civil and Structural
This role is within the Singapore Business and (Middle East & Asia) MEA organisation. The role will be to support the Singapore Buildings Director in providing Technical Leadership and mentoring to Singapore based team.
- The Technical Director will successfully lead individual projects and project portfolio both technically and financially.
- Maintain relationships with existing and new Clients, with a view to support the growth and success of the Singapore office and ASEAN operation.
- Carry out Business Development activities where possible and appropriate.
- Support the Singapore Buildings Director in the development and implementation of the Business Plan for the ASEAN operation.
- To be an ambassador for the Company, its brand and the Company fundamentals at all times
- Maintain existing Client relationships through relationship building and excellent service in order to attain repeat business
- Achieve financial and non-financial targets for a Portfolio of jobs agreed with the Buildings Director
- Should be able to motivate and lead large multidisciplinary professional teams to deliver client solutions.
- Work with the Buildings Director and Project Excellence Director in order to implement and embed Ramboll Project Excellence procedures/process and project management methodologies within the Singapore team
- Work alongside and support the Buildings Director and MEA Integration Operations Director in the implementation of the MEA integration programme and embed procedures and process into the office with respect to work sharing and technical competence sharing and development across the MEA Buildings group, in order to increase efficiency, profitability and Client service
- To contribute to the strategic direction of the business.
- Work with the Buildings Director in order to drive company wide initiatives.
- Be able to present to and advise clients on all engineering issues including concept design, buildability, construction techniques, detailed design, procurement routes, risk assessment and claim assessment.
- Willing to travel overseas (ASEAN region) on short assignments to assist with technical design and project delivery when required.
Be ultimately responsible for a portfolio of projects as project director covering all aspects:-
- Project delivery
- Client satisfaction
- Job profitability
- Project quality
Be experienced and proficient at:-
- Presenting to clients
- Preparing client/project proposals
- Negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees where possible.
- Constructing project teams from internal and external resources
- Procuring project resources
- Planning projects
You and your competencies
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. Has a proven ability in design, project management, team management and client liaison, has a detailed knowledge of analytical concepts to handle medium to large projects.
- Local Professional Registration with Singapore PEB in Civil and Structural Engineering is mandatory.
- A minimum of 15 years design and project delivery experience with a proven local and overseas (ASEAN region) track record will have an additional advantage.
- Knowledge in Project Management principles
- Excellent organisational skills, effective time management, including the ability to deal with the conflicting demands in order to meet deadlines, prioritise heavy workload and have a willingness to work flexibly
- Good analytical skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative, with minimal management instruction or interaction, but can actively be part of a wider Business Team.
- Clear oral and written communication – attention to detail
- Integrity, and an ability to deal with and recognise confidential and sensitive information as well as work in a professional and customer friendly manner.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company globally with especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. We employ 13,000 experts and we constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower people within our organisation, welcome individual differences and create multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions. Ramboll works across the markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy, Oil & Gas, Telecoms and Management Consulting.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for everyone.
Ostateczny termin 2018-08-02
Miejsce pracy Singapore