BIM Digital Information Manager
Ramboll is seeking BIM Managers to join the growing Transport team in Birmingham. The successful candidate will provide BIM management services for internal and external clients on a wide range of transport schemes including civils/highways, rail infrastructure (including high speed rail) and aviation. The role will involve working on projects across the UK, and possibly also in overseas locations. Therefore, notwithstanding that the position will predominantly be office based, including potentially working from co-located client/project offices, occasional travel will be necessary.
As a BIM Manager your responsibilities will vary depending on the scale and complexity of your projects but you will need the skills and experience to take on the following responsibilities as required:
- Liaise with clients both internal and external to ascertain or define project BIM requirements.
- Work closely with the project manager to support successful delivery of the project from conception to completion ensuring the Ramboll and/or wider project team deliver a successful and useable Asset Information Model to the client
- Produce and/or manage project BIM documentation including but not limited to BIM Execution Plans (BEP), Master Information Delivery Plans, Model Production Delivery Tables, and Task Information Delivery Plans
- Support the management of software packages including but not limited to advising on new version releases, the need to maintain legacy versions, or the need for software customisation
- Have a strong understanding of the capabilities/outputs of AutoCAD Civil 3D, with an understanding of Revit, and an appreciation of the capabilities/outputs of other software packages used in the design and modelling of highways, rail, or aviation projects
- A strong knowledge of Navisworks is required, a knowledge of Solibri would also be beneficial.
- Responsible for advising on BS 1192 (including related PASs), and the CIC BIM Protocol along with any other BIM standards applicable to Ramboll projects
- Responsible for BIM standards implementation, and enforcement within your team
- Responsible for working with the Transport BIM network to support creation and maintenance of software template files to ensure Ramboll standards are maintained
- Responsible for working to automate workflows using BIM software to support Ramboll standards and increase productivity/digitalisation
- Provide quality control and assess adherence to standards of all Ramboll authored deliverables formats
- Monitor and if required review the day-to-day activities of BIM Specialists to ensure BIM standards are maintained in the creation of BIM information/data
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in managing the BIM element of multi-disciplinary projects
- Leadership experience
- Thorough understanding and experience in managing teams to deliver project data to industry standards (i.e. IFC, ADMM, AD4’s, COBie, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in design, drafting, modelling or engineering production in an AEC company
- Expert working knowledge of Autodesk software, good knowledge of other platforms beneficial
- A self-starter who possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM and related technologies
- Good interpersonal skills and very comfortable and effective working with others in a team environment
- Ability to use time productively and work efficiently to achieve team/project goals
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Minimum HNC/HND in a Building/Civil Engineering or related discipline, a lesser qualification may be considered if a candidate has 10+ years highly relevant experience
- Preferably a member or associate member of an appropriate construction focused association or institute (e.g. APM, ICE, IED, etc), or if not currently a member of such organisation you will be required to work towards and achieve this qualification within a reasonable agreed timeframe
- Health and Safety qualifications appropriate to role. Training can be provided.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Ostateczny termin 2018-08-03
Miejsce pracy Birmingham