Principal Mechanical Engineer (Critical Systems)
Our Southampton office is looking for a motivated Mechanical Engineer at Principal level to join our Critical Systems team to contribute to our significant range of projects related to rail, power and highways projects.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and manage work on projects or programmes
- Perform complex analysis using computer modelling; making, reading, and interpreting technical material (as Hevacomp, IES and Revit)
- Apply judgement in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of standard techniques
- Undertake project research including surveys and inspections
- Prepare bid and contract documentation
- Project Manager role for single discipline projects and expected to represent Ramboll at external client meetings
- Understanding of financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Understanding of different procurement and contractual arrangements for projects
- Monitor actual project costs against target costs and administer change control procedures in accordance with agreed scope of service
- Attend team meetings
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Educated to a minimum of HND level in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering)
- Will have gained sufficient experience to obtain full membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Knowledge and instruction of relevant occupational hazards and safety precautions of their specific discipline.
- Have experience in some or all of the following:
- Redundancy in mechanical systems for mission critical installations (including cooling installations, district heating systems and CHP)
- Road tunnels and associated mechanical systems
- District heating scheme design and application
- Ventilation systems including pressurisation for contaminant control
- Large water installations (such as fire mains)
- Working knowledge of Hevacomp, Revit, IES, Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of extranet software would be an advantage (including A-Site, and ProjectWise functionality)
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer
Ostateczny termin 2018-07-20
Miejsce pracy Southampton