Graduate Facade Engineer
Graduate Façade Engineer - London
Introduction about the role
Our London office is looking for motivated graduates, with a passion for Façade Engineering, to contribute to the design of our exciting range of projects. In our London office we thrive on innovation and technical excellence. We are currently working with a number of high profile architects on an extremely strong portfolio of Local, National and International projects. We have a number of high profile projects that are under construction or have recently been completed. Our projects typically range from £5m to £250m and we work across numerous sectors and building types including Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Residential, Energy from Waste and Heritage.
Our team is leading the development of computational design and strategies within Ramboll and we have expertise in DfMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly) and Advanced Structural Analysis techniques. We place great emphasis on professional development. Our graduate training programmes are recognised by the institutions that govern Chartership, including ICE and IStructE.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Assist the team with identifying engineering design solutions
- Carry out engineering calculations and computational analyses
- Prepare engineering drawings and sketches, working with the team to communicate our solutions effectively
- Undertake site inspections with Senior staff
- Contribute to Ramboll culture and values, participating in team and company social events
- As an engineer starting their career, you will be supporting your team in their daily work
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- A MEng or MSc level degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Architectural or Structural Engineering) achieved with minimum 2:1 and above
- A passion for Structural & Façade Engineering
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- The right attitude, enthusiasm and drive to succeed in the built environment
- Basic knowledge of design & drafting software i.e. Autodesk Robot, AutoCAD, Rhino, Matlab etc.
What the successful candidate will be able to expect
- The opportunity to work with inspirational architects and engineers on varied and exciting projects
- Support and training to successfully achieve Chartered Engineer status. We provide focused training schemes under the auspices of all the major institutions, including ICE, IStructE and CIBSE, and our graduates have an impressive success rate.
- You would be partnered with a mentor who will be able to provide you guidance and advice. There would also be the possibility for you to be part of an active Graduate Network and opportunities for site placements.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits (e.g. 25 days annual leave, company phone, laptop, private medical insurance, pension and income protection insurance. We also have a selection of flexible benefits too which include gym membership, cycle to work scheme and dental insurance)
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic and expanding team
- High level of exposure to international expertise and opportunities to work on international projects
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
You must have the eligibility to work in the UK.
Ostateczny termin 2018-08-04
Miejsce pracy London