Senior Building Performance Analyst
Our London office is looking for a motivated Building Performance Analyst at Senior (or Principal) level with experience in coding (i.e. C#, C++, VBA, Python) and/or Algorithmic modelling / analysis (i.e. Grasshopper / Dynamo) to contribute to our exciting range of projects including commercial, residential, hotels, sports and education sectors.
The requirements of the role are flexible but an engineering or science background (either through work or study) is essential. The role would be expected to combine building modelling activities with coding, advanced/parametric analysis, algorithmic modelling and optimisation of our digital design workflows (including Revit, Grasshopper, IESVE).
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Apply skills in programming languages such as C#, Pyton, VBA, C++ – particularly in developing architectural/engineering applications and in relation to interfaces with Grasshopper and the Revit API (Essential)
- The role has an emphasis on advanced analysis, parametric design, digitalisation and the enhancement of our workflows – so knowledge in and enthusiasm for this is key
- Apply skills in High Performance Building Design such as thermal modelling, façade optimisation and energy and water strategies (Science or Engineering background is essential, additional skills can be developed)
- Undertake modelling in the software IESVE - Particularly Apache, Macroflo, Suncast, Radiance, Compliance Modules (Skills can be developed)
- Apply skills in communicating design information
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Note: the requirements of the role are flexible depending on a candidate’s particular strengths. i.e. more experienced coders with less knowledge in the built environment are just as desirable as less experienced coders with engineering experience
- Has a strong background in programming languages such as C#, C++, Python, VBA etc.
- At least five years’ experience in a relevant role (requirements are flexible)
- Experience using Revit / Grasshopper desirable
- Educated to degree level in a science or engineering discipline
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly. and to be competent at presenting to external Clients
- Experience of undertaking analysis in the building sector is desirable but not essential
- To Hold or be working towards Chartership with CIBSE, IMeche, FEANI or a FEANI approved body (Desirable)
- Other desirable skills:
- Use of IESVE Apache, Macroflo, Compliance
- Use of IESVE Apache HVAC or IMPACT modules
- Use of DIVA
- Use of 3ds Max
- Use of Grasshopper
- Use of Ladybug / Honeybee / VisualARQ
- Use of Ansys CFX / Star CCM+ (Or similar CFD package)
- Use of Grasshopper and Revit APIs
- Experience developing custom tools / calculation sheets based on Building Physics and Energy
- Knowledge of SAP (inc. JPA and NHER) or BREDEM
- Knowledge of interfaces with Building Information Modelling (BIM) such as using Revit, VisualARQ, Grasshopper or similar
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays (pro-rated), private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Ostateczny termin 2018-07-28
Miejsce pracy London